Lincoln: A Photo biography



Lincoln a Photo biography
Russell Freedman
©1989

160 Pages

Ages 9-12

Summary:

I have never really been one fore biographies. I love stories of fantastic or imaginary places. Therefore, it is no wonder that this book didn't really capture my imagination. This book details the life of President Abraham Lincoln from when he was but a small lad right up and past his assassination. You learn things about Lincoln such as his fierce drive in businesses that ended up failing and how he became a successful lawyer with less than one full year of formal education. All in all it is a good book. It has wonderful pictures of the time that few have seen before--many of which did pull at my heart. However, unless you thoroughly enjoy reading biographies, I wouldn't recommend this book.

0 comments:

Post a Comment