Love that Dog



Love That Dog
Sharon Creech
©2003

128 Pages

Ages 9-12

Summary:

Love that dog is a magnificent book designed to get preteens interested in reading and writing poetry. It is written in the first person of a young boy who doesn't want to write poetry because he thinks that it is for girls. However, he is pressed by his teacher who keeps presenting the class with new poetry to expand their mind. Though he doesn't seem to understand the poetry at first, he comes to love and appreciate the joys of poetry. He gets the opportunity to meet his favorite poet who makes a special trip to his school.

I didn't think that I was going to like this book. Perhaps that is mainly because I didn't really bother to find out what it was about. I think the title and the cover in combination didn't really turn me on to the book, but once I started, I could not put it down. It is a quick read, but a wonderful read.

0 comments:

Post a Comment